We look forward to welcoming you all to the Community Opening of the Legal Year (COLY) for 2023. The function will take place Wednesday 1 February at 9am in Waldron Hall on the first floor of the County Court, corner of William and Lonsdale Streets.
The program includes:
- Music from Bottled Snail Jazz Combo;
- Welcome to Country by Uncle Ronald Terrick, senior Wurundjeri elder;
- Keynote Speech by Sue-Anne Hunter, Vice Chair, Yoorrook Justice Commission;
- Performance by Yamatji singer songwriter Darren Clinch; and
- Morning tea presented by Asylum Seeker Resource Centre Catering
Asylum Seeker Resource Centre Catering is a social enterprise that employs asylum seekers with the right and capacity to work. All funds generated from the business are put towards supporting Asylum Seekers. ASRC Catering can provide catering for a variety of functions both private and corporate.
Bottled Snail Production Company is an arts organisation run by lawyers for lawyers. Since 2013 over 350 legal professionals and students have been involved in a choir, orchestra, big band, musicals, plays and lunch time concerts in the Supreme Court. It raises money for good causes such as Australians Detained Abroad. Further information: http//www.bottledsnail.com
Sponsorship: The Community Opening of the Legal Year 2023 is kindly sponsored by the Barristers’ Clerk John Dever. ICJ Victoria thanks the County Court of Victoria for hosting this event.